Fill Color a Range

  1. #1
    Jack Gillis
    Guest

    Fill Color a Range

    I want to fill a range with a color. I know how to do that but I don't
    know how to keep the grid lines visible in that range. It seems I would
    need a transparent color or something like that.

    How can I fill a range with a color that will allow the grid lines to
    show through?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Fill Color a Range

    The only way is to give the gridlines an alternative colour of their own.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Fill Color a Range

    When applying the fill color to the selection, also choose the Border tab.
    Select Inside and Outline and choose a solid line type.

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

  4. #4
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Fill Color a Range

    Jack,

    Color Fills paint right over the grid lines, even if you've used white. You
    can use borders (Format - Cells - Border) to simulate the grid lines.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

  5. #5
    Jack Gillis
    Guest

    Re: Fill Color a Range

    Thanks to all who replied. I get the picture now.

  6. #6
    Jack Gillis