how can I move cells after data input without using enter or tab

  1. #1
    mull
    Guest

    how can I move cells after data input without using enter or tab

    I would like to set up a worksheet that allows 1 digit numerical data to be
    entered into a cell and then move onto another cell automatically without
    having to use the "Enter" or "Tab" or "arrow" keys

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    From the menu bar, select tools - options

    Choose the edit tab and tick the box "move selection after enter"

    you can the choose up, down, left or right from the pull down

    tghcogo

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    oops ignore my post, I've just re-read yours, I misinterpreted it.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: how can I move cells after data input without using enter or tab

    Mull

    Cannot be done.

    How would Excel know that you had finished typing if you didn't indicate in
    some fashion?

    Code cannot run when you are in "Edit" mode, which is the mode you are in when
    entering something in a cell.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP