Hidden Protected Formula?

  1. #1
    James O
    Guest

    Hidden Protected Formula?

    Hello all,

    Hopefully there is a simple answer to my question. I have two worksheets
    that are the same, I enter numerical data on them. I primarily enter data on
    the first worksheet, the second worksheet (which looks exactly the same) has
    data entered that needs to be added to the same corresponding areas on the
    primary worksheet. Here is the problem that I am having.

    I can make formula's that cover the primary sheet that say =+Secondary!G4
    and when I put something into the secondary worksheet it does add to the
    primary. However since I enter data on the primary worksheet also, I find
    myself having to rewrite the formula every time I enter new data. Is there
    any way integrate the forumla to the cell so that I can enter data into it
    without erasing the formula? Thanks for any help you can offer.

    James O

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Hidden Protected Formula?

    The only way you can have a formula and data in the same cell is to enter a
    formula like:

    =Secondary!G4+100

    --
    Jim Rech