Accumulating Values in a Pivot table

  1. #1
    Kurt
    Guest

    Accumulating Values in a Pivot table

    Hi all.

    Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table
    accumulated values (example)in each row:

    Day Amount Accum. Value
    1 50 50
    .. .. ..
    .. .. ..

    and so on.

    Maybe someone give me a tip.

    Thanx a lot

    Regards Kurt

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Accumulating Values in a Pivot table

    Hi Kurt,
    That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables
    One place to start would be
    Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html

    but you would of course start at 01 so you don't miss anything
    like a much simpler example. This one has Subtotals that can
    be changed depending on what is selected -- way beyond the normal.
    ---
    HTH,

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Accumulating Values in a Pivot table

    Add another copy of the Amount field to the pivot table data area
    Right-click on the heading for the new field
    Choose Field Settings
    Click the Options button
    From 'Show Data As', select Running Total
    For the Base Field, choose Day