How to ignore #NA in subtotals?

  1. #1
    Lee IT
    Guest

    How to ignore #NA in subtotals?

    I have several data tables of identical layout that are updated daily, the
    first two manually and the others by preset formula that calculates from the
    first two. If a zero or no data are input into cells in the first two then
    the formula of the others will return #NA, this is intentional because charts
    are plotted from the latter tables and #NA prevents zero's being plotted all
    over it for data that has not been entered yet (zero is a valid in negative
    and positive data entry only when entered).

    Each table has a SUM total, but, if #NA exits in any one of the cells
    totaled the
    SUM is returned #NA. How can I overcome this?

  2. #2
    Bob Tarburton
    Guest

    Re: How to ignore #NA in subtotals?

    One way is to use
    =if(isna(your_function),"N/A",your_function)
    intead of allowing the #N/A

  3. #3

    Re: How to ignore #NA in subtotals?

    I usually use two columns when I do this--one for the real values and one to be
    used for charting (with the #n/a's).

    But you could do something like:

    =sum(if(isnumber(a1:a30),a1:a30))

    them yourself.)