How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?

  1. #1
    Tammy
    Guest

    How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?

    I have 2 cells and combined them into a third cell with the following
    formula... =a1&" "&b1. I was combining a person's first name (cell 1) with a
    person's second name (cell 2) so cell 3 included the first and second name.
    Now I want to copy and paste cell 3, but it copies the formula... I need to
    paste in the content (first and second name) not the formula.

  2. #2
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How do you copy a cell's content verses it's formula?

    Hi Tammy,
    You could use a macro see JOIN macro on it's page
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/join.htm
    not what you actually asked because if would change
    column A with the concatenated constant and clear column B.

    But you could create our own macro to do what you ask.

    Another way would be to use the results of your concatenation
    formula. Select column C, Copy (ctrl+c), Edit, Paste special, values

    HTH,