Removing/adding decimal points

  1. #1
    Lou
    Guest

    Removing/adding decimal points

    I guess its probably very simple but half my data has been
    entered as 1.11 and the rest as 111.

    How do I either get rid or add a decimal point to it all?

    Have searched help pretty thougherly and can't see any
    thing. The idea of replaceing everything manually thrills
    me not all.

  2. #2

    Re: Removing/adding decimal points

    To make 1.11 --> 111.

    Put 100 in an empty cell.
    copy that cell
    select your range to be fixed.
    Edit|paste special|check multiply.
    clean up that helper cell.

    (to make 111 --> 1.11, you'd do the same, but choose divide.)

  3. #3
    Guest

    Removing/adding decimal points

    Highlight the column --> Format Cells --> "Number"
    Category: Number. You can choose the number of decimal
    places you want. In your case - if the 1.11 is accurate,
    then you'll have to manually adjust the 111's - otherwise
    they'll turn up to be 111.00.

    If you do have to manually go in there - the best way to
    do this is sort by that column and then do the copy/paste
    method.