graphs

  1. #1
    Mauro
    Guest

    graphs

    Hello everybody, I have a question concerning graphs.
    I need a graph to be behind a picture. All I need to see are the dots. In
    Word it is possible to insert a picture and then set it "behind text". Is it
    possible to do something like that in Excel?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    Hi Mauro

    why don't you set the background of your graph to the picture (double click
    on the grey bit at the back of the chart - choose fill effects, choose
    picture tab, choose select picture and put your picture in there), change
    the chart to a line chart (chart / chart type) and then format the chart
    series to dots only - double click on the charted series and turn off the
    lines

    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mauro
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    Hello Julie... sorry for the late reply...
    your option can probably work but there is a problem. the picture I need to
    use is already in the sheet and I don't know how to extract it and make it
    jpg.... is there a way I can use it as it is?
    thanks again
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    Hi Mauro

    not sure, i would click on the picture, do control & c to copy it, and then
    paste it into a drawing program and save as a *jpg ... other than that i
    really don't know.

  5. #5
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images:

    http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  6. #6
    Mauro
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    Thank you very much for your information. The add-in works.

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: graphs

    You're welcome, and thanks for letting me know that it worked.

    If you have other questions about graphs, you could post them in the

    microsoft.public.excel.charting

    newsgroup, where people with an interest in that topic post and answer
    questions.