Pop-Up Reminder

  1. #1
    Tony
    Guest

    Pop-Up Reminder

    I'm not sure this is possible in Excel, but here is what
    I need:

    I have several worksheets in a workbook, which is located
    on a shared drive for all employees to use. I have one
    of the worksheets hidden. After I unhide and update this
    worksheet, I ALWAYS want to hide it before closing the
    file. Is there a way to receive a pop-up message
    reminding me to hide the worksheet before closing the
    file?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Pop-Up Reminder

    Hi Tony

    you can put code against Workbook_BeforeClose event which will hide the
    sheet automatically for you, e.g.
    ---
    Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = False
    End Sub
    ----

    to use this code, right mouse click on any sheet tab and choose view code,
    you should see the name of your workbook on the left (in the project
    explorer) under the workbook you'll see the sheets listed and then
    "ThisWorkbook" .. double click on the "ThisWorkbook" and copy & paste the
    above code onto the right hand side of the screen, changing "Sheet2" to the
    name of the sheet you want to ensure is hidden.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: Pop-Up Reminder

    Julie,

    Thank you! It works fine.

    Tony

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Pop-Up Reminder

    you're welcome and thanks for the feedback