predicitve text

  1. #1
    Ron
    Guest

    predicitve text

    If I have a list of 500 customers in one sheet and I would like to use a
    dropdown menu on a seperate sheet is it possible for excel to use perdicitve
    text so when I start typing a customers name it lists those customers that
    begin with the leters I have typed?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: predicitve text

    Ron

    A file that can be downloaded from Debra Dalgleish's site uses a Combobox.

    Can be found at

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DataVal

    Scroll down until you find......

    Data Validation Combobox-- Double-click on a cell that contains a data
    validation list, and a combobox appears -- font size can be set, more than 8
    rows displayed, and autocomplete can be enabled. Macros must be enabled.
    DataValCombobox.xls 32 kb

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP