Drop-down arrow only visible when cell selected

  1. #1
    John Richards
    Guest

    Drop-down arrow only visible when cell selected

    Hi all,

    I created several drop-down lists using Data, Validate,... The drop-down
    arrows are not visible unless the cells are selected. Is this the default
    and can it be changed or am I stuck with the "invisible" drop-downs? I
    would like to have all the drop-down arrows visible at all times so it will
    be obvious to a user that they will be using drop-downs.

    I was also wondering if a drop-down can be disabled ("grayed out") as a
    result of a conditional test?

    Thanks
    John

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Drop-down arrow only visible when cell selected

    Hi!

    You can use a combobox from the Forms toolbar. The arrow
    is always visible.

    For your second question, that would probably be possible
    using a combobox from the Control Toolbox but would also
    require VBA programming. I can't help you with that.

    Biff

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Drop-down arrow only visible when cell selected

    John,

    That is the way that Data Validation works. Rather than lose the convenience
    of DVs, why not just colour the DV cells?

    You could then use conditional formatting to un-colour them if another cell
    meets a condition.event

    RP

    news:[email protected]...