Completion Percentage of a date range

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    Completion Percentage of a date range

    I have started a task sheet in excel and i have a "task description" coloumn,
    a "start date", "finish date", "number of days" and a "% complete" column.

    What i want to achieve is the user to enter the first task start date and
    the number of days it will take to complete. Then excel will work out the end
    date and the percent complete field relating to the current date.

    Is there a easy formula of working out the percentage?

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    Springbok
    Guest

    RE: Completion Percentage of a date range

    Hi Brian,

    I think this is right?

    Assume Column A is Task, B is Start Date, C is No. of Days, D is End Date
    and E is % Complete.

    D2=B2+C2
    E2==IF((TODAY()-B2)/C2>1,1,IF((TODAY()-B2)/C2<0,0,(TODAY()-B2)/C2))

    E2 should be formatted as %.

    Give it a crack and let me know.

    Cheers,
    Jon

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: Completion Percentage of a date range

    A2 task description
    B2 start date
    C2 finish date
    D2 no. of days
    E2 expected completion

    fill B2 and D2
    C2 =B2+D2
    E2 =(TODAY()-B2)/20

    if Bs and Ds are filled you drag the formulas in C2 and E2 down
    format B and C columns as one of the date formats
    foramt E column as percenage

    is this what you want.
    e.g.
    A B C D
    task start finish no. of days %
    completion
    a 01-Mar-05 21-Mar-05 20
    15.00%

    --
    remove $$$ from email addresss to send email

    ====================

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Completion Percentage of a date range

    You have already decided on your columns. Keep to that. To determine the
    end date, use the formula B2+D2. To calculate %completed, use this:
    =((NOW()-B2)*100)/D2, otherwise you will always get 15%

  5. #5
    Brian
    Guest

    RE: Completion Percentage of a date range

    This work well. Thank you very much

  6. #6
    Cupertino USA
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: Completion Percentage of a date range

    Hello Jon,

    I was stuck in this problem for an hour and then I found your solution. Thank you a ton for saving me. It works perfectly on Excel 2019

    Take care

    Adib