Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.

  1. #1
    Manish Kumar
    Guest

    Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.

    I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be
    selected by a single command

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good morning Manish

    Try this. Highlight your range, and look where it displays the sum of the current range sum in the status bar at the botom of the screen. Right click, and select Max (or Min).

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.

    How about cond. formatting?

    1. Select the range.
    2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting
    3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this:

    =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng))

    where "rng" is a defined name for your range.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.

    What do you want to do with that information?

    If it's strictly as a query, you could set the status bar to return the min
    or max of a selected range.

    Right click on the right side of the status bar and choose the calculation
    that you wish to see displayed when a range of numbers is selected.
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...