Detecting cell fill color

  1. #1
    Tony Rice
    Guest

    Detecting cell fill color

    Is there a function, or some VBA code that will detect
    that a user has applied a fill color to a cell? I want to
    reference a cell, and with a =IF function, apply a
    calculation to colored cells.

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Detecting cell fill color

    Hi Tony
    There isn't anything that comes with Excel.
    However, have a look at this site for processing of coloured cells.

    www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.colourCounter.html

    HTH
    Michael

  3. #3
    Tony Rice
    Guest

    RE: Detecting cell fill color

    Many thanks Mike - can't get the link to work right now -
    I will try gain later

    regards

    Tony

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Detecting cell fill color

    Sub iffillcolor()
    For Each c In Selection
    If c.Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then c.Value = 1
    Next

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Detecting cell fill color

    Tony

    As an alternative, try Chip Pearson's site.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP