Dates that automatically update ...

  1. #1
    Artanis
    Guest

    Dates that automatically update ...

    Can anyone help me? What I want to do, is have excel update a timesheets pay
    period dates automatically. Is this possible? For example, On a specific
    date, I want the pay period dates to change to the next pay period dates on 4
    different sheets in the same excel document. How do I do that?

    If that is not possible, how can I change ONE date to change the rest of
    them on all 4 sheets? It is very time consuming to do it all manually. Your
    help is appreciated. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Dates that automatically update ...

    I suspect it is possible to do the first part, but I'd have to think about it
    to get to a solution.

    You could change one date and in the fields for the other 3 dates, reference
    the cell that you manually change.

    I'm sure someone can make this much prettier than my suggestion though.

  3. #3
    WYN
    Guest

    RE: Dates that automatically update ...

    hi artanis,for the second part of your question try this. if the date on
    sheet one is in cell a1,activate the cell then go to edit - copy
    go to sheet 2 activate the cell that you want the date to change, go to edit
    - pasts special - past link. do this for each work sheet.the date should
    change every time you change the date on sheet 1.

  4. #4
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Dates that automatically update ...

    It is very possible to do just that. Obviously, it will be advisable to do
    it on one sheet only, and then to link the other sheets to this one. We
    would need more detail though to be able to help. This will be quite a
    complex "IF" statement, requiring maybe 12 levels, which means you will have
    to split your formula over at least 2 cells. I would need to know exactly
    what it is you want to do - cell references, changing dates etc