add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total

  1. #1
    thanks for the help mate
    Guest

    add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total

    I have a log of jobs done on a photocopier, and need to bill people for what
    they have used.

    the log is very long and have the user name and the number of colour and
    number of Black and White copies they have done.

    I need to know how much colour and how much black and white jobs have been
    done by each user.

    hope someone know a way thanks

    or am I better to use Access ?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total

    =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$20="Bill")*($C$1:$C$20)*ISNUMBER(FIND({"C","B"},$B$1:$B
    $20))*{3,2})

    THe assumptions made

    People in A1:A20
    Type in B1:B20, C for colour, B for B&W
    Quantity in C1:C20

    The {3,2} is the different rates for Colour and B&W

    RP

    news:ukC%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    thanks for the help mate
    Guest

    Re: add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total

    this is an example of the log that is saved from the photocopier.

    the fields do not have to be in this order we can have user first if this
    make it easier.

    Job Log
    Number Of Pages, Number Of Copies, Number Of Pages, Total Number Of Color
    Pages Printed, Total Number Of Black And White Pages Printed, User

    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, Mick
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, John
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, John
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Mick
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, John
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, Mick
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, Andy
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, Administrator
    1, 0, 0, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 1, 0, John
    1, 1, 1, 0, 1, John

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: add number of duplicate fields in a row or column and have total

    I think that all you need then is

    =SUMIF(F:F,"Andy",D:D)*3+SUMIF(F:F,"Andy",E:E)*2

    where 3 and 2 are still the colour and B&W weights

    RP

    news:[email protected]...