Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

  1. #1
    jimmiebrown
    Guest

    Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

    We had an employee leave our company that has excel macros on her computer.
    Is there a way to somehow export thos macros and import on a different
    computer?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

    You can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook,
    right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left
    of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you
    want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a floppy or
    what ever you backup to, then import it to the new workbook.
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Guest

    Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

    hi,
    open the vb editor (alt+F11). on the left side,click the
    project(file) to expand. right click the macro you want.
    select export. it will export as a text file with a .bas
    file extention.
    to import you bacicly reverse the process above except
    click import.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Help! Heeeelp! can I copy an excel macro to another computer

    jimmie

    Macros are saved with a workbook or in Personal.xls or in a *.xla add-in if
    one was created.

    First you have to find where the macros are located then you can export either
    the files or go with the other answers you received about copying the code.

    Personal.xls should reside in the XLSTART folder which by default in Excel
    2003 would be at.......

    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

    If in workbooks, those macros will stay with the workbooks.

    If in an add-in*.XLA), find out which and export that also.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP