I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

  1. #1
    Bobb1220
    Guest

    I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

    I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to enter
    the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly to
    the amount I enter

    Thanks

    Bob

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

    "Bobb1220" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a small spread sheet that I use and 1 of the columns is used to

    enter
    > the amount paid for an item I would like to add 6% sales tax automaticly

    > the amount I enter
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bob

    Assuming your data is in A1, enter =A1*1.06 in some other column.
    /Fredrik

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

    For clarity, I would use

    =A1*(1+6%)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: I want to add 6% sales tax to the amount in a cell/column

    In your Worksheet's module paste in:

    On Error GoTo ws_err
    Application.EnableEvents = False
    If Not Intersect(Target, Range("D5:G10")) Is Nothing Then '<<<Chg to
    your cell Range
    Target.Value = Target.Value * 1.06
    End If
    ws_err: