! in Calculations

  1. #1
    Strata
    Guest

    ! in Calculations

    Can anyone explain to me what the ! is used for when your calculation is
    puling data from another worksheet.
    e.g. =+"sheet1'!B3

    Thanks Strata

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: ! in Calculations

    "Strata" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can anyone explain to me what the ! is used for when your calculation is
    > puling data from another worksheet.
    > e.g. =+"sheet1'!B3
    >
    > Thanks Strata

    The ! is just used as a separator token.
    /Fredrik

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: ! in Calculations

    And the + is not needed
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  4. #4
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: ! in Calculations

    sorry "data" not "date"

    --
    JackPosted from - http://www.officehelp.in

  5. #5
    Jack
    Guest

    Re: ! in Calculations

    Can Anyone help with setting up a league table in excel (for Mac) I have
    a four team round robin, I want to enter scores and for the now blank
    league tables to interpret date and fill out the coloumns Played, won,
    drawn, goals for, goals against and points - Even if some knows the
    technical term in excel for this i would appreciate it. Apologies If I
    have posted this in the wrong area.

    Jack

    --
    JackPosted from - http://www.officehelp.in