automatically pasting cell into different sheets?

  1. #1
    compitus
    Guest

    automatically pasting cell into different sheets?

    Hi! I am trying to get Excel to copy content of some cells to next sheets,
    depending on the number I put in last cell. IE A1:A3 have some text. Now, if
    I put number (2,3,4 or 5) in A4, I wanted to copy A1:A4 to Sheets 2,3,4 or5,
    depending which number I put in A4 (if 2, then to Sheet s, if 3 to Sheets 2
    and 3 and so on).
    Is this doable in Excel or should I use Visual Basic or some other program?
    Thank You for help

  2. #2
    Otto Moehrbach
    Guest

    Re: automatically pasting cell into different sheets?

    You don't provide any details about what you are trying to do so I just took
    what you say literally. The following macro does what you say you want.
    Paste this macro into a regular module. Place a button on the first sheet,
    if you wish, to run the macro. The macro will copy A1:A3 and put it in
    A1:A3 of the sheet named in A4 of the first sheet.
    I'm sending you, direct, a small file that contains this macro in the
    proper module. I'm sending this to the email address displayed in your
    message. HTH Otto
    Sub CopyData()
    Range("A1:A3").Copy Sheets(Range("A4").Value).Range("A1")
    news:[email protected]...