Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

  1. #1
    Trooper
    Guest

    Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

    Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully
    slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck?

  2. #2
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

    "Trooper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are

    dreadfully
    > slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the

    heck?

    Can you be more specific please. What does these programs do?

    /Fredrik

  3. #3
    Trooper
    Guest

    Re: Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

    The program to which I referred to earlier is one I developed to
    automatically quote the costs of material, labor, margin and price for
    constructing conveyor belting. It's a program I call Autoquote. It works
    great on my Windows 200 system at home, but when I take it to work...where I
    need it...it takes approximately 1 minute to load on a 2.4 gh system running
    Windows xp and Office 2003. Once it's on the screen at a reduced view size
    of 75% it actually works quite well. However, running the "Start" macro to
    refresh the workshhet, or the "Print" macro to print the result area of the
    worksheet, will once again take a millenium.
    I trust this additional information will be helpful in explaining my
    problem. I would be agreeable to sending you a zipped up copy of this 4mb
    file if you so wish. In any event, I appreciate your response. Thanks.

  4. #4
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

    "Trooper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > The program to which I referred to earlier is one I developed to
    > automatically quote the costs of material, labor, margin and price for
    > constructing conveyor belting. It's a program I call Autoquote. It works
    > great on my Windows 200 system at home, but when I take it to work...where

    > need it...it takes approximately 1 minute to load on a 2.4 gh system

    running
    > Windows xp and Office 2003. Once it's on the screen at a reduced view

    size
    > of 75% it actually works quite well. However, running the "Start" macro

    > refresh the workshhet, or the "Print" macro to print the result area of

    the
    > worksheet, will once again take a millenium.
    > I trust this additional information will be helpful in explaining my
    > problem. I would be agreeable to sending you a zipped up copy of this 4mb
    > file if you so wish. In any event, I appreciate your response. Thanks.

    Have you tried your macro on a coworker's machine? If it quotes cost, where
    does the data come from? Do you use exactly the same sheet when you run the
    macro? It could be an excel setting that is different if you don't use the
    same sheet.

    It sounds strange that it takes so long to load at work. Possible causes are
    a fragmented or almost full disk. Have you seen how much free space you have
    on these computers? My computer is a dual 800 Mhz WS, if you think it's good
    enough attach the sheet along with instructions. My email address is
    [email protected] It's getting late in my part of the
    world, I may not be able to reply until tomorrow.

    Best Regards,
    Fredrik

  5. #5
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000

    "Fredrik Wahlgren" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Trooper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > The program to which I referred to earlier is one I developed to
    > > automatically quote the costs of material, labor, margin and price for
    > > constructing conveyor belting. It's a program I call Autoquote. It

    works
    > > great on my Windows 200 system at home, but when I take it to

    work...where
    > > need it...it takes approximately 1 minute to load on a 2.4 gh system

    > running
    > > Windows xp and Office 2003. Once it's on the screen at a reduced view

    > size
    > > of 75% it actually works quite well. However, running the "Start" macro

    > > refresh the workshhet, or the "Print" macro to print the result area of

    > the
    > > worksheet, will once again take a millenium.
    > > I trust this additional information will be helpful in explaining my
    > > problem. I would be agreeable to sending you a zipped up copy of this

    4mb
    > > file if you so wish. In any event, I appreciate your response. Thanks.
    > >

    > Have you tried your macro on a coworker's machine? If it quotes cost,

    where
    > does the data come from? Do you use exactly the same sheet when you run

    the
    > macro? It could be an excel setting that is different if you don't use the
    > same sheet.
    >
    > It sounds strange that it takes so long to load at work. Possible causes

    are
    > a fragmented or almost full disk. Have you seen how much free space you

    have
    > on these computers? My computer is a dual 800 Mhz WS, if you think it's

    good
    > enough attach the sheet along with instructions. My email address is
    > [email protected] It's getting late in my part of the
    > world, I may not be able to reply until tomorrow.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Fredrik

    I forgot to mention that I use Excel 2003

    /Fredrik