Large Pivot Tables

  1. #1
    Richard Mogy
    Guest

    Large Pivot Tables

    I have a data source with 165000 rows that I would like to make into a Pivot
    Table, but it exceeds Excels 65K row limit. Any suggestions would be
    appreciated/.

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Large Pivot Tables

    If you have Access then throw it in there and query it from Excel using Data
    / Get External data

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Mogy
    Guest

    Re: Large Pivot Tables

    Unfortunately, that's what I thought you'd say.

    But I don't understand one thing -- the data is on a SQL Server database.
    When I try to query that into Excel using the Pivot Table Wizard as a guide,
    it fails. Why would querying it from an Access database succeed?

    Just curious, not trying to be argumentative.

    Rich
    news:O%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Large Pivot Tables

    If it's on SQL then I would have thought you could access it using Data /
    Import External Data / New Database Query / Databases Tab - New data Source,
    give it a name and then choose the SQL Server driver and then choose a
    server, but I've never done it to be honest. It certainly works fine with
    Access as I always do it when I run out of rows, though have never had to go
    much more than 250K records. You use the Import Exterrnal Data option and
    then choose a Pivot Table as the output.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    <snip>