Adding formatting to inline formula..

  1. #1
    GHB
    Guest

    Adding formatting to inline formula..

    Is there a way to merge text and a cell value such that the cell value
    has a particulat format.

    For example, suppose I want to display the following in a cell:

    Less 5% of (contents of another cell) =

    I could put something like the following in the cell:
    ="Less 5% of " &A1 "="

    However, is there a way to format the inserted value from A1 as bold or
    italics or a particular number format?

    TIA,
    -GHB

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Adding formatting to inline formula..

    Bold,italic etc will not work in a formula but will in just text. In the
    formula bar, just highlite the desired and format as desired.

    But you can use TEXT (look in help index) to format the number part of a
    formula.

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    GHB
    Guest

    Re: Adding formatting to inline formula..

    Hi Don,

    I forgot my manners...Your suggestion pointed me in the right direction
    and solved my problem.

    Thanks a lot,
    -GHB

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Adding formatting to inline formula..

    glad to help