Copying a date format

  1. #1
    Michele/Nextel
    Guest

    Copying a date format

    when I've copied one cell (formatted in mmm-dd) into a different worksheet
    within the same workbook, I'm getting wierd results. For instance, From
    worksheet A, I've copied cell C1 (which is Oct-04) into worksheet B, cell A2.
    It copies fine, but when I go to change the date to 05/05, it comes out as
    Jan-00. The actuals cell now reads =05/2005. However, it's still formatted
    for the date. But I've never actually inputed an = sign. I've tried to just
    to special paste the format, but still get the same results. Any thoughts?

    Michele from Nextel

  2. #2
    Barb R.
    Guest

    RE: Copying a date format

    Take a look at

    Tools -> Options -> Transitions.

    Do you have "Transition formula entry" selected?