prevent saving a worksheet

  1. #1
    looking4help
    Guest

    prevent saving a worksheet

    When I post my worksheet to my website, I want the user to be able to use the
    filtering functions I have in the worksheet but I don't want them to be able
    to save the worksheet to their hard drive.

    Is there a way that I can do this?

    Thanks!
    --
    looking...

  2. #2
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: prevent saving a worksheet

    In the 'ThisWorkbook' code section of the workbook, put...

    Cancel = True
    End Sub

    Of course, if they have macros set to not run, this won't work.

    HTH,
    Gary Brown

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: prevent saving a worksheet

    If on a website, I don't know of a method to prevent a user from right-click
    and Save Target As.

    Unless your website can restrict that capability?

    Excel certainly can't prevent it.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP