pivot table limitation

  1. #1
    tchangmian
    Guest

    pivot table limitation

    Hi, when i tried to generate an excel report. It gives me an error
    message "Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel cannot make this change
    because there are too many row or column items. Drag at least one row
    or column field off the PivotTable report, or to the page position.
    Alternatively, right-click a field, and then click Hide or Hide Levels
    on the shortcut menu. Error in generating report. Please contact
    Administrator!"
    What can i do with this message? Is this the data volumne limitation
    for pivot table?
    Thanks for your help

  2. #2
    Edwin Tam
    Guest

    RE: pivot table limitation

    You have hit one of Excel's limitations.

    For pivot tables, there is a limit for the number of item it can
    handle/summarise.

    For more information, you can refer to the on-line help.
    For the Excel 2003 on-line help, type "Excel specifications and limits".
    Then choose "PivotTable report specifications".

    Regards,
    Edwin Tam
    [email protected]
    http://www.vonixx.com