how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

  1. #1
    RC
    Guest

    how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

    I have a program that i have written in exel that has become to large to
    manage. i need to be able to select my drop down list and be able to enter
    the first character of the item that i trying to find and have excel return
    for me closest match

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

    You cannot. Sorry if this is bad news. You may want to consider moving over
    to Access...which does this automatically.

    ****************
    Anne Troy
    www.piersontech.com
    www.mrexcel.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

    Hi!

    Debra Dalgleish has a sample file that demonstrates how to
    implement auto-complete in a drop down list:

    http://contextures.com/DataValComboboxSheet.xls

    Biff

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: how do i create a find function for an excel drop list?

    Thanks, Biff. I'm running over to check it out!

    ~Anne Troy

    www.piersontech.com
    www.mrexcel.com

    news:[email protected]...