How do you automatically put spaces between rows in a lengthly w.

  1. #1
    marvaod
    Guest

    How do you automatically put spaces between rows in a lengthly w.

    I have a lengthly work sheet and I want to put spaces between every row--how
    do I do that?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do you automatically put spaces between rows in a lengthly w.

    Automatically usually involves VBA coding.

    Do you really need the inserted rows? Perhaps you could just change the
    height of the rows to look double-spaced?

    Here is a macro to do the row inserting.

    Sub InsertALTrows()
    'David McRitchie, misc 2001-06-30
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual 'pre XL97 xlManual
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = Selection(Selection.Count).Row To Selection(1).Row + 1 Step -1
    Rows(i).EntireRow.Insert
    'With Rows(i)
    ' .RowHeight = 24.25
    ' End With
    Next i
    Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic 'pre XL97
    xlAutomatic
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do you automatically put spaces between rows in a lengthly w.

    One way ..

    Assume your source data is
    in Sheet1, in cols A to C, data from row2 down

    In Sheet2
    --------
    Put in A2:

    =IF(MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1,2)=1,"",OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$2,MOD(ROWS($A$1:A1)-1,2)+IN
    T((ROWS($A$1:A1)-1)/2),COLUMNS($A$1:A1)-1))

    Copy A2 across to C2, fill down until zeros appear, signalling exhaustion of
    data from Sheet1

    The above will return what you want
    (insert alternating blank rows in-between the data from Sheet1)

    Do a copy and paste special as values elsewhere as desired

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...