how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

  1. #1
    lindaY
    Guest

    how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

    I want to limit the size of the worksheet to include only the rows & columns
    that I need.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

    Select the first blank row, hit Shift+Ctrl+Down arrow. Edit-->Delete.
    Select the first blank column, hit Shift+Ctrl+Right arrow. Edit-->Delete
    Save.
    *******************
    ~Anne Troy

    www.piersontech.com
    www.mrexcel.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

    You can't change the number of rows or columns. What do you want to do?
    Prevent the user from scrolling past the used area? Prevent him from selecting
    a cell outside of a certain range?

  4. #4
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: how do i delete the extra empty rows and columns that i dont need.

    Ah. I see that Myrna is right about what you're asking. What you CAN do is
    HIDE all the unnecessary rows and columns by selecting them, and then
    Format_-->Row (or Column)-->Hide