Copying & Pasting from Pivot Table

  1. #1
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    Copying & Pasting from Pivot Table

    When I copy rows from a pivot table and paste into another worksheet of
    numbers, which is NOT a pivot table, I can't sort all together (existing
    number in worksheet together with numbers from pivot table). I have tried
    formatting all to 'number' but that doesn't work. The only thing I've found
    that works is to click in the cell of each number pasted from the pivot table
    and hit the delete key at the beginning. There's no space there, there's
    nothing there. But hitting the delete key seems to "free" the cell in order
    to sort with the rest. This, however, is VERY time-consuming. Can anyone
    tell me a faster method?

    Thank you
    Connie Martin

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Copying & Pasting from Pivot Table

    Hi Connie-

    Have you tried using Edit>Paste Special - Values ?

    HTH |:>)

  3. #3
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    RE: Copying & Pasting from Pivot Table

    I hadn't tried that, and just did now, but it still won't sort until I press
    the Delete key before each number.

    Connie Martin

  4. #4
    Connie Martin
    Guest

    RE: Copying & Pasting from Pivot Table

    What I meant to say in my first response to you is that the numbers still
    won't sort unless I perform a delete at the beginning of each number, which
    in essence, is pressing the backspace key.

    Once I do that the numbers will sort in with the existing numbers in the
    spreadsheet. I have even tried the format painter. Still doesn't work.

    Connie Martin