newbie needs help in Ezcel programming

  1. #1
    Amy
    Guest

    newbie needs help in Ezcel programming

    Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel.
    I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it!

    I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls and within that a sheet called
    "table a". The sheet contains data within B10:I100
    where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C
    contains a number of unique identifiers.

    Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls contains a sheet called
    "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a
    defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table
    a" in RawData.xls

    What I would like is a macro that will look at the selected code within
    cell B10 of "Numbers" and check this against the codes in range
    B10:I100 within Rawdata.xls sheet "table a". Where the code is the
    same, copy the data in column C, F and G of "table a" into "Numbers".

    Is this confusing Please let me know so I can explain it better.
    Thanks again

    Amy xx

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: newbie needs help in Ezcel programming

    Hi Amy

    any reason why you need a code / vba solution as from my understanding of
    your post VLOOKUP should do what you're after.

    If you'ld like to check it out in help and post back if you need additional
    assistance or if it is not what you're looking for.

    Regards
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...