Pivot Table percentages-give the total number of accepts

  1. #1
    cdb
    Guest

    Pivot Table percentages-give the total number of accepts

    I have created a pivot table that is running off some data that looks like
    this (simplified version):

    Name Accept Decline
    Joe 1 0
    Mary 1 0
    Fred 0 1

    The pivot table then counts these columns to give the total number of
    accepts and declines (on 2 seperate lines). Is there a way within the pivot
    table to represent the declines as a percentage of the accepts?

    I've tried using the % of Row and % of Column, but I can't find a way of
    doing it as a percentage of a different column/row. I have also tried the %
    of and selecting the Accept Column from the list given there, but this just
    produces an N/A error.

    Any help greatly appreciated.

    cdb

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    re: Pivot Table percentages-give the total number of accepts

    You could create a calculated field:

    Select a cell in the pivot table
    From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Formulas>Calculated Field
    Type a name, e.g. PctDecline
    Type a formula: =Decline/Accept
    Click OK

    Format the new field as Percent.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    cdb
    Guest

    re: Pivot Table percentages-give the total number of accepts

    Works a treat.

    Thanks a lot.