Formula loses format

  1. #1
    Noel S Pamfree
    Guest

    Formula loses format

    On an accounts spreadsheet I use, I have the total for the line near the
    beginning of the row in the 'C' column (not at the end due to the auditor
    asking for it to be next to the clients' names - it enables easier checking
    for him). The total column is enclosed in double thick black lines to make
    it stand out, whilst the other columns are formatted in thin black lines.

    The problem is that when I enter an amount along a row and hit <return> the
    thick double line either side of the total in column C changes so that the
    left side of the cell becomes a single thickness (the right side remains
    unaltered).

    At the moment I have to use the format painter each time to overcome the
    problem but I guess there must be a way so stop it happening?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Noel

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formula loses format

    Noel,

    Not surprisingly, I don't get that effect.

    Do you have any worksheet event code that might be doing it?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Noel S Pamfree
    Guest

    Re: Formula loses format

    Not that I know of.

    I have copied the first few lines and attached the worksheet.

    You will see what happens if you type a number under the £10.

    Weird!

    Noel

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Formula loses format

    Still doesn't happen here. There is another factor.