How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

  1. #1
    Trish35
    Guest

    How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

    We have had an employee leave and have gone to use work spreadsheets which
    this employee applied passwords to. Now we can't make corrections. If we
    can not get in we will have to re-do all the spreadsheets

  2. #2
    Phil Osman
    Guest

    RE: How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

    Not being funny here, but have you contacted the ex-employee and asked them?

    I'm not aware of any way around the password sadly.

  3. #3
    Phil Osman
    Guest

    RE: How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't k

    I wish you could edit posts in here...........anyway:
    Assuming you can get into the file, and only the sheets are protected:
    Highlight the whole sheet using CTRL+A, open a new Excel file and paste
    everything in.

  4. #4
    The Netherlands
    At my work they had the same problem. I searched the Internet for password crackers and found several, one of them UZC.exe. I've tried them all, but UZC did the trick for me.
    So try Google.

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

    If you mean workbook or worksheet passwords, check out check out
    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html for information.

    If you mean file passwords, I think you will need to buy a password cracker.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't know.

    For about US$40, there are services that will remove a file password in
    3 minutes or less. See:

    http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html

  7. #7
    Kassie
    Guest

    Re: How do I remove a password on an excel document when I don't k

    Google it! Try to search for "password Excel" You will get stacks, some
    free, some not. I downloaded one today. Cracks file and workbook passwords