COUNTA IF(NOT)

  1. #1
    jiwolf
    Guest

    COUNTA IF(NOT)

    Is it possible to count a cell if the cell is NOT a particular value? I
    have a workbook where i am trying to count the number of cells that don't
    have the text "despatched" in them.

    I can get it to work, but not with a wildcard* and I need to use a
    wildcard* in the logic.

    any ideas anyone?

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: COUNTA IF(NOT)

    =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"<>*despatched*")

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA, USA

  3. #3
    jiwolf
    Guest

    Re: COUNTA IF(NOT)

    thanks Jason that has solved the COUNTIF problem, but it does not seem to
    work for COUNTA?

    news:[email protected]...