Formula Color Coding

  1. #1
    Andrew
    Guest

    Formula Color Coding

    Usually, when I edit a cell (F2) that contains a formula, the cells the
    formula calculates are color coded and a border appears around each cell in
    their own color.

    Now, when I edit, everything is just black and white (no color coding).

    Any ideas?

  2. #2

    Re: Formula Color Coding

    What version of excel are you using when it doesn't work?

    And are you saying that the outlines show up, but they're all black or they
    don't show up at all (maybe you see gridlines or borders)?

  3. #3
    Andrew
    Guest

    Re: Formula Color Coding

    Excel 2000.

    The outlines don't show up at all...

  4. #4

    Re: Formula Color Coding

    I know that they were there with xl2002. I don't recall if they were there in
    xl2k. (Bad memory!)

    Maybe someone using xl2k can chime in.

    (I was kind of hoping you were using two different versions--and the newer
    version had this feature. But that was just a selfish guess!)

  5. #5
    Andrew
    Guest

    Re: Formula Color Coding

    The color coding outlines do appear in Excel 2000 as well...

  6. #6

    Re: Formula Color Coding

    Thanks for jumping in. Have you ever seen them disappear. (I don't think I've
    ever seen them go away.)