Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

  1. #1
    UNR
    Guest

    Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

    When I use Paste Link the cell that I link to shows a 0 iin the cell if there
    is no data in the cell it is linked to. How do I eleminate the 0. I want the
    cell to be null if there is no data.

  2. #2
    Ramakrishnan Rajamani
    Guest

    RE: Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

    Tools -> Options -> View

    Uncheck the box next to Zero Values

  3. #3

    Re: Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

    It won't be null, but it'll look blank:

    =if(a1="","",a1)

    Or between sheets:

    =if('sheet 1'!a1="","",'sheet 1'!a1)

  4. #4
    Brett
    Guest

    RE: Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

    Maybe a simpler way is to apply the custom number format: General;-General;
    This format will display whatever the cell is linked to as long as the cell
    it links to does not contain a zero. So if the cells you are linking to never
    contain a zero this will work, otherwise the "0" will be invisable.

  5. #5

    Re: Paste Link enters a 0 into the cell where I paste. How do I elemin

    And if you don't have any other cells that evaluate to 0 on that worksheet that
    you want to see (or just constant 0's, too).