normalizing data

  1. #1
    4gokycats
    Guest

    normalizing data

    I am in the process of normalizing test results in my school district. I
    have roughly 250 test scores which I want to norm. I am relatively new to
    excel but many have suggested that I use this program to do the statistical
    work for me. Any and all help will be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Hi!

    Are you able to set out the rules by which the normalisation will be done?

    Alf

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: normalizing data

    There are plenty of different ways of 'normalizing' data - the classic is
    IQ, where the mean is forced to be 100, and one standard deviation is set to
    15 points. (Different tests differ in how they assign the standard
    deviation.)

    Or you could normalize by dividing by the raw score by the population mean.

    Or...

    Tell us how you want to normalize and then we can help you more.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...