How to set different font colours in a cell?

  1. #1
    Sam
    Guest

    How to set different font colours in a cell?

    Dear all,

    I have a cell A1 which contains some text which is a concatenation of
    texts in 2 cells (The formula is =CONCATENATE(A2, A3)). The texts in cells
    A2 and A3 must be of length 5, so the text in A1 must be of length 10. If I
    want the text in A1 is in 2 colours, i.e. the first 3 characters are red
    while the remaining characters are in green, how can I set the format of the
    cell A1?

    Best Regards,
    Sam

  2. #2

    Re: How to set different font colours in a cell?

    You can't do this kind of formatting with cells that contain formulas.

  3. #3
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: How to set different font colours in a cell?

    "Dave Peterson" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >You can't do this kind of formatting with cells that contain formulas.

    No, but if you don't mind some programming, you can kludge together
    something that comes close.

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...007a07b6457942

    (or http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q2A0125CA ).

  4. #4

    Re: How to set different font colours in a cell?

    And if the OP formats those cells in the Mirror range with a custom format of
    ";;;" w/o the quotes.

    And change one line in the code from:
    f = c.Text
    to:
    f = Evaluate(c.Formula)

    Then the formula and the picture could share the same cell with no bleed
    through.