Importing data from an access database.

  1. #1
    John Ortt
    Guest

    Importing data from an access database.

    Hi Everyone.

    I have a series of Access Databases (Audits run approx every 6 mths).
    I also have an excel spreadsheet which is linked to the previous audit
    database using queries from the "Get External Data" to workout the cost of
    the stock we have.

    My problem is that I have approximately 10 sheets with queries on and I was
    hoping to convert the source database for all files from
    "P:\\Audits\November2004" to "P:\\Audits\March2005" without completely
    rewriting the query.

    Has anyone got any suggestions to help me please?

    Thanks in Advance,

    John

  2. #2
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: Importing data from an access database.

    Hi John,

    The queries are probably using a DSN, the quickestway I can think of is to
    amend the dsn on your pc to repoint it.

    go to the Control Panel, Data Sources (ODBC), and you should be able to
    select and edit the dsn in that applet. All queries using that dsn will now
    be repointed.

    Hope this helps

    Sunil Jayakumar

    news:[email protected]...