calculate minus figures

  1. #1
    Nigel
    Guest

    calculate minus figures

    Can anyone help me to calculate the minus figures only in a range of random
    costs?
    example

    £-2000.00
    £ 1000.00
    £ 560.00
    £-4500.00

    £-6500.00

    these figures are random as per data entry to hours and cost etc. the
    figures are to show a loss in costs that could have been saved.
    i am using excell in office 2000.

    any help graciously appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Nigel

  2. #2
    ww
    Guest

    RE: calculate minus figures

    Instead of something like sum(A1:10), use sumif(A1:A10,"<0") and should just
    sum those numbers less than zero.