Excel Font question: Can you overscore a character?

  1. #1
    DrJoe
    Guest

    Excel Font question: Can you overscore a character?

    I would like to overscore a character within a cell in an Excell spreadsheet.

    I am able to add a Equation box with an overscore (insert object, microsoft
    equation 3.0, overbar template), but this only seems to work in a floating
    text box.

    I would like to type in crystollography references -- for instance, inside a
    cell
    <"one one onebar"> as <111> with a bar over the third one.

    Is there any way to type <111> with a bar over the third one in a cell in
    Excel?

    Thanks,

    Joe

  2. #2
    DrJoe
    Guest

    RE: Excel Font question: Can you overscore a character?

    It looks like my question posted twice. Please ignore this posting.