How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?

  1. #1
    emilyp
    Guest

    How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?

    I've tried highlighting the row I would like to freeze, usually just the
    first row, but it always freezes it after the 16th row. Any suggestions!?
    This is really frustrating!

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?

    See if this old post helps:

    http://tinyurl.com/2qdzt
    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How can I choose which lines are frozen using "freeze pane"?

    The rule for freezing panes is.....

    Columns to left of and rows above the selected cell will be frozen.

    Do not select row 1 to freeze row 1. As you have seen, it will freeze panes
    in mid-window.

    Select A2 to freeze row 1

    Select B2 to freeze row 1 and column A

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP