Maybe you could put something in those blank cells, then sort, then remove the
blanks.

Record a macro when you do your Edit|replaces and you can add them before and
after your sort.

(Use a unique value--so you don't change real data!)

Alternatively, you could sort, then move those rows to where you want them.