Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

  1. #1
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

    Hello
    How to make a version of a table by changing source data in another workbook
    and retain original version of the table easily? I lose the original version
    of the table if I change the source data in the other workbook even if I
    make a copy of the original table workbook. I have to recreate all links if
    I make copies of the original table workbook and the source workbook.

  2. #2
    AlfD
    Guest

    Re: Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

    Hi!

    Have you tried making a "snapshot" of the worksheet? (Converting the
    formulae into their values - fixed forever - using copy/paste special
    values)

    Just don't do it unless you have a secure copy of the workbook as
    backup, becase the formulae can't be retrieved.

    Alf

  3. #3
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Re: Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

    Hi!
    Values in the "secure copy of the workbook as backup" change if I change
    source data in the source workbook. I will need the values to be
    recalculated in the original table later. The values will not recalculate if
    I would make a "snapshot" of the worksheet.
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    AlfD
    Guest

    Re: Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

    Hi!

    I confess I'm not clear what you are trying to do.

    Should you perhaps simply be running two versions of the workbook?

    Alf

  5. #5
    Dmitry Kopnichev
    Guest

    Re: Problem making versions of a table by changing sourse data in another workbook

    Hi!
    Values change in the two versions of the workbook when I change source data
    in the third workbook. I want to retain the original table unchanged. I
    would like to make two versions of the source data for the original and copy
    tables.