Looking for comparable data records between Sheet1 and Sheet2

  1. #1
    Jim May
    Guest

    Looking for comparable data records between Sheet1 and Sheet2

    In both sheet1 and sheet2 I have hundreds of records.
    60% of the records in sheet1 are also in sheet2.
    If I concatenate 2 of the fields "LastName" and "Amt",
    can I insert a formula in a helper column (Sheet2)
    that will search sheet1 and bring back a "yes" if found,
    "no" if not...?
    =if(sheet2!B13&G13 = vlookup(sheet1!$B$5:$K$200, "yes","no")???
    ANy help appreciated..

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Looking for comparable data records between Sheet1 and Sheet2

    Hi!

    No need for concatenation and a helper. You can
    concatenate the fields in the formula.

    Assume the last name and amount are in the same columns in
    Sheet1 as they are in Sheet2. Entered as an array:

    =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B13&G13,Sheet1!B1:B100&Sheet1!
    G1:G100,0)),"Yes","No")

    Biff

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Looking for comparable data records between Sheet1 and Sheet2

    Biff:

    Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for (a CSE type formula).

    Jim

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Looking for comparable data records between Sheet1 and Sheet2

    You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback.

    Biff