How do I protect specific cells (like labels and formulas) on a w.

  1. #1
    Evelyne
    Guest

    How do I protect specific cells (like labels and formulas) on a w.

    I have a worksheet that has several cells that need to be protected (locked)
    from changes. How do I lock only those cells without locking the whole
    worksheet?

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How do I protect specific cells (like labels and formulas) on a w.

    Hi

    select the whole worksheet (or the bits you want people to get to) then
    choose format / cells / protection and untick locked ... now if you unlocked
    all cells, you'ld need to lock the ones that you don't want them to get to.

    once you've locked and unlocked the appropriate cells, choose tools /
    protection / protect sheet.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I protect specific cells (like labels and formulas) on a w.

    Evelyne

    By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected.

    Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked"
    and OK.

    Select the cells you wish to lock and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "locked"
    and OK.

    Now Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet. This is mandatory!!

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP