When I try to set Excel to open certain file extensions I cannot .

  1. #1
    Lee
    Guest

    When I try to set Excel to open certain file extensions I cannot .

    I recently had XP installed. I download .tsv and .php files from the
    internet. I want Excel (Excel 2000) to open these files but it is not in the
    list of programs and when I try to choose it from browse it will not add it.
    I can add other programs to the list even programs that are not MS. The IT
    department has tried to reload MS office but that didn't help.

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: When I try to set Excel to open certain file extensions I cannot .

    Lee

    I always hold down the shift key while clicking on the file. This will give
    you an 'Open with' option. Even if Excel is not listed, click browse, you
    should then be able to find the Excel executable (Excel.exe) and then click
    'always use this program......' checkbox

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    [email protected]HIS