Changing an entry from another worksheet

  1. #1
    Jennifer
    Guest

    Changing an entry from another worksheet

    I have a spreadsheet with data that I have protected. The data is entered via
    another worksheet then sent over via a macro. I have some else using this and
    really don't want them messing with the database spreadsheet. My problem is
    if they make an incorrect entry how can I pull that entry back out again for
    them to change and then resubmit. Can I write a macro for this maybe using an
    invoice number as an identifier? I would greatly appreciate any direction.

    I know this sounds like something for Access. Long story why not! Thank you.
    --
    Though daily learning, I LOVE EXCEL!
    Jennifer

  2. #2

    Re: Changing an entry from another worksheet

    You may want to look at Data|Form. It has options that can do some of what you
    want.

    But if you really want more control (and not allow the user to access the real
    data), I think you'll need a userform--kind of like the one John Walkenbach has
    at:
    http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm

    And if you want to learn a bit about userforms, visit Debra Dalgleish's site:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

  3. #3
    Jennifer
    Guest

    Re: Changing an entry from another worksheet

    Thank you Dave.
    Yeah I don't want to use Data\Form because I really don't want them to have
    full access to that data. And the way I understand the forms it only works on
    the worksheet. I will check out the sites you suggested. Thank you!

  4. #4

    Re: Changing an entry from another worksheet

    I put some data on Sheet1 (in A1:G25 -- just test data).
    I protected sheet1 with a password (hi) and then hid sheet1.

    I put a button from the forms toolbar on Sheet2.

    And assigned that button a this macro:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim wks As Worksheet