VLOOKUP returning LAST match

  1. #1
    Brian Ferris
    Guest

    VLOOKUP returning LAST match

    Hi guys,

    Lets take this scenario:

    Brian 20
    Michael 30
    Ivan 40
    Brian 30
    Ivan 60
    Michael 70

    I want to apply a vlookup on this list but return the last
    value i.e. Brian 30, Ivan 60 & Micahel 70

    I tried the -1 instead of the 0 in the last field of the
    formula but this still did not work correctly.

    Any suggestions ..???

    Thanks,
    Brian

  2. #2

    Re: VLOOKUP returning LAST match

    =vlookup() will return the value from the first match.

    But this seems to work ok for me:

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A10="michael"),B1:B10)